Bacon in every single bite Swapping tortillas for a bacon weave was possibly the smartest move ever. We love whipping up our bacon weave breakfast sandwiches for a high-energy day, and this taco variation mixes it up in the best way possible. Top it with some homemade salsa for a hearty and healthy breakfast that will keep you full well past the mid-morning slump.
Bacon Weave Breakfast Tacos Recipe
TOTAL TIME: 45 MIN / SERVES 4
Nutrition (per serving): 390 calories, 24 g protein, 4 g carbohydrates, 2 g fiber, 1 g sugar, 31 g fat, 11 g saturated fat, 720 mg sodium
- 16 slices bacon, halved
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 6 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon whole milk
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- Kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- 1/4 cup shredded
- Monterey Jack
- 1 avocado, sliced
- Hot sauce, for serving
- Preheat oven to 400 and line a large, rimmed baking sheet with foil. In one corner, make a bacon weave with 8 halves of bacon, creating a square. Repeat to make next three weaves. Season with pepper. Place an inverted baking rack on top to make sure bacon lies flat.
- Bake until bacon is crispy, 18 to 20 minutes. Working quickly, trim each square with a paring knife or kitchen shears to make a round shape.
- Meanwhile, make scrambled eggs. In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs with milk until well incorporated.
- In a medium, nonstick skillet over medium—low heat, melt butter. Pour egg mixture into the pan. Gently move the eggs around with a spatula, creating large curds. When the eggs are almost cooked to your liking, season with salt and pepper. Fold in chives and remove from heat.
- Assemble tacos: On a serving platter, fill the bacon taco shells with scrambled eggs. Sprinkle each with cheese, nestle in a few slices of avocado, and top with hot sauce.