Here is Your Best BLT Burgers Everything, even a burger, is better with a bacon weave bun. Don’t even think about skipping the herb mayo.
BLT Burgers Recipe
TOTAL TIME: 35 MIN / SERVES 4
Nutrition (per serving): 980 calories, 67 g protein, 4 g carbohydrates, 1 g fiber, 2 g sugar, 75 g fat, 21 g saturated fat, 2180 mg sodium
- 1 pound bacon slices, halved
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound ground beef
- Kosher salt
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped chives Butterhead lettuce, for serving
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- Preheat oven to 400 and place a baking rack inside of a baking sheet (to help catch grease).
- Make a bacon weave: On the baking rack, line 3 bacon halves side-by—side. Lift one end of the middle bacon slice and place a fourth bacon half on top of the side pieces and underneath the middle slice. Lay the middle slice back down.
- Next, lift the two side strips of bacon and place a 5th bacon half on top of the middle piece and underneath the sides. Lay the side slices back down.
- Finally, lift the other end of the middle slice and place a 6th slice on top of the side pieces and underneath the middle slice. Repeat to make a second weave.
- Season with pepper and bake until bacon is crispy, 25 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel—lined plate to blot grease. Let cool for at least 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make burgers: Preheat a grill (or grill pan) to medium—high heat. Shape ground beef into large patties and season both sides with salt and pepper. Grill until cooked to your liking, about 4 minutes per side for medium.
- Make herb mayo: In a small bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, lemon juice, and chives.
- Assemble burgers: For each burger, place a bacon weave on the bottom then spread it with some herb mayo. Top with burger, lettuce, tomato and another bacon weave. Serve immediately.