We swapped out the traditional hot dog bun for an easy-to-make keto bread that wraps around the dog. We love this Keto bread recipe. It is so simple to make and is one heck of a great bread substitute.
Low-Carb Garlic Bread Dogs Recipe
TOTAL TIME: 25 MIN / SERVES 6
Nutrition (per serving): 590 calories, 28 g protein, 13 g carbohydrates, 5 g fiber, 3 g sugar, 49 g fat, 17 g saturated fat, 1430 mg sodium
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 2-1/2 cups almond flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt 8 hot dogs, such as Applegate Natural Beef Hot Dogs
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped parsley Mustard, for serving
- Preheat oven to 400 and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine mozzarella and cream cheese and microwave until melty, about 1 minute.
- Add eggs and stir to combine then add almond flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Divide dough into 8 balls then shape each ball into long ropes.
- Wrap a rope around each hot dog.
- In a small bowl whisk together butter, garlic powder, and parsley.
- Brush garlic butter over each hot dog then bake until golden, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Serve with mustard.