We used to be like “Ugh” when we saw a recipe that called for zoodles, but now they’re so available at grocery stores we’ve kind of fallen in love. When tossed with a light garlicky cream sauce, they’re absolute gold.
Garlicky Shrimp Zucchini Pasta Recipe
TOTAL TIME: 15 MIN / SERVES 3 TO 4
Nutrition (per serving): 410 calories, 24 g protein, 13 g carbohydrates, 3 g fiber, 7 g sugar, 30 g fat, 18 g saturated fat, 910 mg sodium
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 pound medium or large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons freshly chopped parsley
- 3 large zucchinis, spiralized (or about 4 cups zoodles)
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt 1 tablespoon butter. Add shrimp and season with salt and pepper. Cook until shrimp is pink and opaque, about 2 minutes per side. Transfer shrimp to a plate. (Keep juices in skillet.)
- Melt remaining butter in skillet then stir in garlic. Cook until fragrant, about 1 minute, then whisk in heavy cream. Bring to simmer, then stir in Parmesan, tomatoes, and parsley. Simmer until tomatoes have softened and mixture has thickened slightly, about 3 minutes.
- Return shrimp to skillet and add zucchini noodles. Toss to combine and serve immediately.