All the ingredients you love in the classic sandwich steak, peppers and onions, provolone loaded in a lettuce wrap.
No-Carb Philly Cheesesteak Recipe
TOTAL TIME: 30 MIN / SERVES 4
Nutrition (per serving): 370 calories, 31 g protein, 7 g carbohydrates, 2 g fiber, 3 g sugar, 23 g fat, 9 g saturated fat, 250 mg sodium
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 2 large bell peppers, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound skirt steak, thinly sliced
- 1 cup shredded provolone
- 8 large butterhead lettuce leaves
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large skillet over medium heat, then add onion and bell peppers. Season with oregano, salt and pepper. Cook, stirring often, until the onions and peppers are tender, about 5 minutes. Remove peppers and onions from skillet and heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in skillet.
- Add steak slices in a single layer and season with salt and pepper. Sear steak on one side, about 2 minutes. Flip and cook until the steak is seared on the second side and is done to your liking, about 2 minutes more for medium.
- Add onion mixture back to skillet and toss to combine. Sprinkle provolone over steak and onions then cover skillet with a tight-fitting lid and cook until the cheese has melted, about 1 minute. Remove from heat.
- Arrange lettuce on a serving platter. Scoop % of the steak mixture onto each piece of lettuce. Garnish with parsley and serve warm.