Behold all the cheesiness and pepperoni of your pizza dreams in a keto-friendly zucchini shell. All the flavors of pizza neatly packed in healthy, nutritious zucchini boats! It’s cheesy comfort without any of the guilt!
Pizza Stuffed Zucchini Recipe
TOTAL TIME: 40 MIN / SERVES 4
Nutrition (per serving): 330 calories, 21 g protein, 10 g carbohydrates, 1 g fiber, 1 g sugar, 23 g fat, 11 g saturated fat, 810 mg sodium
- 4 medium zucchinis
- 1 small onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup marinara sauce
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cups shredded mozzarella, divided
- 1/4cup grated Parmesan, plus more for garnish
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/3cup mini pepperoni slices or quartered regular pepperoni Chopped basil, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 450. Halve each zucchini lengthwise. using a spoon, remove flesh from the zucchini. Place zucchini shells in a large baking dish.
- Meanwhile, finely chop zucchini flesh. using a box grater, grate the onion. Heat oil in a medium nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onions and chopped zucchini, cooking until soft, 6 to 8 minutes. Transfer mixture to a medium bowl and add salt, pepper, marinara sauce, ricotta, 3/4 cup mozzarella cheese, Parmesan, and Italian seasoning. Stir well to combine.
- Divide mixture among zucchini shells. Sprinkle with remaining h cup mozzarella. Top with pepperoni slices. Bake until golden brown, 20 to 30 minutes.
- Garnish with Parmesean and basil before serving.