These might sound tricky, but they’re surprisingly easy to make. Just make sure to roll them up while the cheese is still warm. Ta-KETOS ! Low Carb and full of flavor, this easy-to-make meal is delicious and can be customized in so many ways.
TOTAL TIME: 20 MIN / SERVES 6
Nutrition (per serving): 230 calories, 17 g protein, 2 g carbohydrates, O g fiber, O g sugar, 18 g fat, 9 g saturated fat, 310 mg sodium
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1-1/2 cups shredded chicken
- 1/3 cup red enchilada sauce
- 2 tablespoon freshly chopped cilantro, plus more for garnish
- Kosher salt
- 1 cup shredded cheddar
- 1 cup shredded
- Monterey Jack Sour cream, for serving (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 and line a small baking sheet with parchment paper. In a medium skillet over medium heat, heat oil. Add onion and cook until slightly soft, 3 minutes. Add garlic and spices and cook until fragrant, 1 to 2 minutes more.
- Add chicken and enchilada sauce, then bring mixture to a simmer. Stir in cilantro, season with salt, and remove from heat.
- Make taquito shells: In a medium bowl, mix together cheeses. Divide mixture into 6 piles on prepared baking sheet. Bake 8 to 10 minutes, or until cheese is melted and slightly golden around the edges. Let cool 2 to 4 minutes, then add a small pile of chicken and roll tightly. Repeat until all taquitos are made.
- Garnish with cilantro and serve with sour cream, for dipping.