Taco Brunch Casserole A fluffy egg and cheese layer tops seasoned ground meat in a tasty taco casserole.
TOTAL TIME: 50 MIN / SERVES 4
Nutrition (per serving): 360 calories, 15 g protein, 10 g carbohydrates, 3 g fiber, 3 g sugar, 22 g fat, 8 g saturated fat, 220 mg sodium
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Cooking spray
- 5 large eggs
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 3/4 cup shredded Monterey Jack
- 1 cup shredded romaine lettuce
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1 small avocado, halved, pitted, and diced Sour cream, for drizzling
- Preheat oven to 350. In a 10″ ovenproof skillet over medium-high, heat oil.
- Add ground turkey and season with chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Cook, breaking up meat with back of a wooden spoon, until turkey is no longer pink, 6 to 8 minutes. Remove from heat and liberally coat the sides of the skillet with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, and cheese. Pour over the cooked ground turkey.
- Bake until center of eggs are set, 30 to 40 minutes.
- Garnish with lettuce, tomatoes, avocado, and sour cream before serving.